Join me on the war on sugar


It is very rewarding to cook beautiful meals for your family - however in 2018 our lives seem to be busier than ever. Our kids seems to have so many after school activities and opportunities to try things we never even dreamed of. Parents juggle working, kid pick ups, drop offs, weekend sports, keeping house, putting great meals on the table and catching up with friends.

This is certainly the case in my house.  I struggle with my work / life balance and try to pack as much as possible into our weekends.  Is it because I am mad, or am I trying to compensate for being time poor during the week?  I certainly created this need to be superwoman myself, no one forced it upon me.

One of my New Years resolutions was to look at hidden sugars that are in our diets, and try to vastly reduce them. I think our grandparents had it so right with eating meat and three veg for dinner - apart from boiling the crap out of the vegetables that is.

So with this in mind I am dedicated to putting a tasty collection of beautiful things to eat.  There is a catch, nothing can take longer than 30 minutes to prepare.  If you are also trying to reduce sugar and have a recipe you are happy to share please feel free to share them here with a photo.

Comments

  1. My war on sugar lasted less than a week. I made Baclava on Saturday with Georgie and Julia determined not to eat it... but I did. So delicious I just could not resist it. Perhaps I should have tried to start off with sugar free days.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts