COOKING AND BAKING DURING COVID-19 LOCKDOWN

Have you been happily cooking and baking during the COVID-19 lockdown, or has it caused you extra stress?
Most people report they have really enjoyed the extra time at home, and have spent more time than usual baking, cooking and learning new recipes. I sent an email out to my friends at the beginning of lockdown and asked them to send me their favourite recipe. I am enjoying working my way through the recipes and cooking them for my family.
I have discovered that I actually love eggplant, watching concerts online, and that some of my friends are amazing cooks. I desperately missing seeing my friends in person and running out for an espresso martini or coffee.
If this isn’t for you and the cooking and baking is getting you down, don’t worry I pray your favourite restaurant and takeaway will be open very soon.

So far Australians have adjusted really well. But I do wonder what we would do without Zoom? I have caught up with friends online, seen others online make a cocktail a day, cook their dad’s recipes from their childhood, join an online club, and even learn a new language or instrument. This is life changing stuff.
What would happen if we embraced this new lifestyle and created a ‘new normal’ for ourselves.
What would your ’new normal’ look like.

Comments

Popular Posts